Monday, June 06, 2005

Day 1: Fri, 27th May

I shall count Friday night, 28th May, as our first day as well. So here goes...

For me, our family trip officially began when we left the house for the airport. Uncle Andrew drove the whole family and 5 luggages there in our car. He would then help us drive the car back to our house.

Well, before we got into the car, everybody was running about the house, trying to settle last minute stuff. As usual. Oh! I must also say that although I think the official beginning was when we got into the car and left for the airport, I must acknowledge everybody else's preparatory efforts for this monumental family holiday.

My sister: She did all the planning. She collaborated with our ticket agent to book the plane tickets, came up with our itenerary (i.e. where we will be on which day), located good hotels (after which the agent helped in booking the hotels), and the list goes on. She became (started out as) the Organizer.

My dad: He began quite some time before the actual day of our trip to change money and to settle bills resulting from the holiday trip before it even began. By this, one example I can mention is the payment of airplane tickets to and fro Japan. He became the Financial source on this trip, which is normal.

My mum: She unpacked the luggages, made sure they were clean before passing it on to us for the packing in of clothes and other barang-barang. She also went shopping with my sister to get new luggages in place of the old, worn-out ones, as well as other stuff we may need on the trip. She became the Worrier, always thinking of possible problems that may lie ahead, which is good, and also quite normal.

My brother: He assisted my sister in locating hotels that were more accessible i.e. My sister would pass him a map and he would point out which MRT/bus stations and landmarks the hotel would be near to. He became the Navigator on this trip, which is nothing surprising.

Me: I'm ashamed to say I didn't help much in the preparations. On the trip, I just followed, contributed whenever I could, and endured backache. I became the One who Endured. But I still had the time of my life!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home